The European Judicial Training Network (EJTN) is glad to announce its first joint project with the European Asylum Support Office (EASO)!
Pursuant to the mandate to promote knowledge of legal systems on the International Protection and the aim of enhancing the cooperation among the two Institutions putting together the respective expertise on Judicial Trainings Methodology and EU Asylum Legislation, Policies and Practises, EJTN and EASO are jointly organising a pilot webinar series on Country of Origin Information (COI) and Judicial Training Methodology aimed primarily for current or future judicial trainers on COI.
The project foresees four interactive on-line sessions scheduled on the 16th, 18th, 23rd of June 2020 (14:00 – 16:00 CET) and the 25th of June 2020 (14:00 – 16:30 CET) and targeted for the participation of 50 attendees.
The content of the webinars series is based on the EJTN Handbook on Judicial Training Methodology and the Practical Guide on Country of Origin Information developed as part of the EASO professional development series for Members of Courts and Tribunals.
At the end of the Series, participants will have a better understanding of :
- What is COI? (Session 1)
- How to use COI and the difference between COI and Country Guidance? (Session 2)
- How to ask appropriate COI questions and Procedural issues (Session 3)
- Practical implementation of COI and Judicial Training Methodology (Session 4)
Three experts accredited by the Organisers will lead the four sessions:
- Ms Barbara Simma - Judge, Federal Administrative Court, Austria
- Mr Sampo Löf-Rezessy - Judge, Administrative Court of Turku, Finland
- Ms Dijana Mandić - Head of Continuous Training Department of the Croatian Judicial Academy, Croatia
The European Judicial Training Network is looking forward to implement this joint project!