To increase law enforcement capacity in tackling cross-border drug trafficking, including precursors and dismantling organised crime groups by understanding new forms of modi operandi and the drug supply chain.
Law enforcement officers (police and customs) – practitioners, as well as judicial authorities specialised in drug and precursor trafficking investigations and combating organised crime groups involved in drug crime.
General Learning Outcomes - upon completion of the activity the participants will be able to:
- Apply good intelligence, criminal analysis and investigative practices linked to drug trafficking cases;
- Analyse information about the recent trafficking routes, modus operandi, concealment methods and the structure of organised criminal groups;
- Identify current and future possibilities for cross-border investigations;
- Use the appropriate EU tools, utilising the products and services offered by relevant EU agencies and organisations to enforce cross-border investigations;
- Illustrate document fraud practices concerning drug trafficking operations, in particular recognising the importance of information gathering on mislabelling and misdescription of goods;
- Apply financial investigative techniques in drug trafficking cases.
Horizontal aspects to be covered
- OSINT techniques related to drug trafficking cases
- Fundamental rights
All applications must be submitted through the candidates' national EJTN member institution.
Upon invitation by EJTN, participants register via EJTN online platform to which they receive access.
After the event, reimbursement is processed via EJTN online platform.
Number of places:
6 judges and prosecutors from all Member States
Deadline for applications:
20 September 2022