The current pandemic situation has changed the way we design training events, as well as the approach to teaching and learning. To meet these challenges, judicial educators need to reflect on the existing good teaching practices and to find new solutions during and after the pandemic situation. Concerning these training needs, the proposed seminar will focus on sustainable practices (innovative training methodology in face-to-face training), as well as on good practices during the COVID-19 crisis. Based on the good practices in LOT1, reflection on the Handbook on Judicial Training Methodologies, and the exchange of ideas, the participants will propose recommendations and actions for future development in the field of innovative methodology. The seminar will emphasize topics such as innovative training methodology in face-to-face training, facilitation skills in face-to-face and online training, transformative learning during the COVID-19, motivating participants during online training events, and good practices in designing face-to-face and online training events. The day-and-a-half seminar will include presentations, small group work, discussions, and plenary sessions. The participants will be actively involved in learning by doing activities, in collaboration with peers, as well as in problem solving and experiential learning sessions.
Upon completion of the seminar the participants will be able to:
- Employ good practices in face-to-face and online judicial training;
- Explain strategies and approaches for motivating participants in online training sessions;
- Identify strategies and approaches for facilitating face-to-face and online training sessions;
- Use good practices in designing face-to-face and online training sessions;
- Recognize the application of transformative learning in the current pandemic situation.
Judicial trainers and training managers
Selection of national participants : One
All applications must be submitted through the candidates' national EJTN member institution.
Upon invitation by EJTN, participants register via EJTN online platform to which they receive access.
After the event, reimbursement is processed via EJTN online platform.
- Terms and conditions of participation - Financial form
- Frequently asked questions
- Promoter form
Number of participants: 35 (including 6 experts)
Deadline for application: 30 September 2021