The highly acclaimed THEMIS Competition, open to future EU magistrates undergoing entry level training, is an event for debating topics, sharing common values, exchanging new experiences, discussing new perspectives and practicing judicial skills.
The main objective of the THEMIS Competition is to bring together future magistrates from different European countries to enable them to share common values, to exchange new experiences and to discuss new perspectives in areas of common interest.
- EU and European Criminal Procedure
- EU and European Family law
- EU and European Civil procedure
- Judicial Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Access to Justice
In 2020, 26 teams entered the THEMIS 2020 Competition ( teams in the four Semi-finals and 8 teams in the Grand Final).
Second edition of the THEMIS ANNUAL JOURNAL 2020 (TAJ) includes best 10 papers from the Themis 2020 semi-finals.
First edition of the THEMIS ANNUAL JOURNAL 2019 (TAJ) includes best 10 papers from the Themis 2019 semi-finals.
EVENTS IN 2021
The THEMIS Competition is open to judicial trainees from all training institutions that are Members or Observers of EJTN. Teams of three judicial trainees accompanied by one teacher/tutor may enrol in the Competition, which consists of four semi-finals and a grand final. In 2021, THEMIS holds the following rounds:
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL 1st of March 2021
The application process has two stages:
1. NCPs will need to create the teams in the OSP system and assign them to the specific Semi-final with the correct priority
2. In order to register the team, each Institution must certify the nomination by appending to the application form the Institution’s stamp. The form should be dated and signed by an authorised signatory from the Institution and the completed form sent send to THEMIS Project Manager (email@example.com).
The THEMIS 2021 Registration form is available here.
An incomplete registration form will not be accepted as a valid entry.
If an Institution wishes to submit more than one team in the competition (whether in the same or other semi-final) an application complying with paragraph above should be sent in respect of each team.
Applications will be registered according to the date/time they are received by the EJTN Secretariat.
Please review the current THEMIS rules for important information.
Learn more about THEMIS' roots and past competitions!
For any queries regarding the THEMIS Competition, please contact Mr Arno Vinkovic - EJTN Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org