Welcome to the THEMIS section!
EJTN has the pleasure to announce you the launching of the 11th edition of the THEMIS Competition.
The main objective of the THEMIS Competition is to bring together future magistrates from different European countries in order to enable them to share common values, to exchange new experiences and to discuss new perspectives in areas of common interest.
The Competition is opened to judicial trainees from all training institutions who are members of EJTN or observers.
The deadline for registration of teams is 7 March 2016, 17.00 Brussels time.
The THEMIS Competition comprises four semi-finals and a Grand Final. This year’s semi-finals are organised as follows:
The winner and the runner-up in each of the semi-final will enter the Grand Final, which will be organised at the Ecole Nationale de la Magistrature (ENM), Paris, France, between 31 October and 3 November 2016.
The event was created, financed and run from 2006 to 2009 by the Portuguese Centre from the Judiciary Studies (CEJ) and the National Institute of Magistracy of Romania (NIM).
In 2010, the Competition became an EJTN activity and steps were then taken to adapt and enlarge its format in order to recognize its importance in cross-border training in European Law.
THEMIS Competition aims to:
- promote a forum of discussion on European and International Law topics,
- promote the exchange of experience between participants,
- obtain and spread interesting and useful theses on the chosen subjects,
- encourage the development of the critical thinking and communication skills,
- promote and foster relationships among participants from across the European judiciaries represented in the Competition.
REGISTERED TEAMS 2016
(open access for all)