EJTN's latest podcast, The EPPO - investigations and prosecutions to fight crimes against the financial interests of the EU, is now available for viewing on demand!
This podcast, based on a recent EJTN webinar, is aimed at raising awareness and providing a better understanding of the creation and setting up of the European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO). EPPO is a unique body called to play a key role in the EU Criminal Justice panorama in the years to come and created to investigate, prosecute and bring to judgement offences against the Union’s financial interests.
THE PODCAST'S OBJECTIVES:
- To raise awareness of those offences under the PIF Directive to be subject as a case under the EPPO competence
- To provide a better understanding of EPPO’s structure and organization: role of the Chief Prosecutor, European Prosecutors and European Delegates Prosecutors (EDPs)
- Tasks of the EPPO - Judicial review - Operations and cooperation with national authorities
- MS not participating at EPPO
- Relations with EUROJUST, OLAF, EUROPOL
Judges and prosecutors, preferably those involved or to be involved in economic and financial investigations, corruption and fraud cases, judicial cooperation in criminal matters, cross-border investigations and prosecutions.
VIEW THE PODCAST HERE:
THE EPPO - investigations and prosecutions to fight crimes against the financial interests of the EU