The EJTN Steering Committee – providing for a sound future
- EJTN’s Steering Committee met for its first time in 2020 in its new composition
- EJTN’s statutory bodies and governance structure promote internal democracy, stimulate cooperation and provide for a sound future of the EJTN Network
EJTN’s 2019 General Assembly held in Bucharest was particularly important as a new Secretary General and Steering Committee for EJTN were elected and EJTN’s future course was set with the adoption of EJTN’s Strategic Plan 2021–2027.
Judge Markus Brückner was elected for the office of the EJTN Secretary General and took office in January 2020.
Alike, the following institutions were elected to become members of the Steering Committee.
- Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs, Reforms, Deregulation and Justice – Austria
- The Judicial Training Institute – Belgium
- National Institute of Justice – Bulgaria
- Academy of European Law
- The French National School for the Judiciary – France
- The School for the Judiciary – Italy
- Studiecentrum Rechtspleging – The Netherlands (Chair)
- The Centre for Judicial Studies – Portugal
- The Centre for Legal Studies – Spain
In its new composition and the good auspices of the kind hosting of the Centro de Estudios Jurídicos, the Steering Committee meeting was held in Madrid on 4 – 5 February 2020.
The Steering Committee members, in a time-honoured tradition of good governance and alternance, elected its new Chair, the Training and Study Centre for the Judiciary (SSR) from the Netherlands.
It also seized the occasion to acclaim its former Chair, the National School for the Judiciary (ENM) from France for the success achieved under the previous mandates.
Pursuing to chart its future orientations, goals, relations with internal and external stakeholders as well as the outline of its planned activities, the Steering Committee worked on the implementation of its EJTN Strategic Plan 2021–2027.
EJTN is proud of the fact that its statutory bodies and governance structures embrace internal democracy, cooperation, change and openness in order to provide for a sound future of the EJTN Network.