The added value of the two day-long seminar consist of delivering in-depth insights on highly specialized topics pertaining to diversified aspects of Consumer Protection.
This conference will
- raise awareness of the application of the EU principles of effectiveness, proportionality and dissuasiveness in the area of consumer protection;
- explain the role of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the interpretation and application of consumer law;
- present and analyse the tasks and ex officio powers of national courts;
- discuss possible models of cooperation between judicial and administrative enforcing authorities;
- promote contacts between national judges from different Member States.
The conference will be designed to be practice-oriented and focused on peer and expert training. Whenever deemed appropriate, workshops will be implemented in order to encourage active participation of the attendees.
The training will be carried out by leading academics and practitioners, expert speakers will be called to expand upon such aspects as jurisdiction, applicable law, EU instruments, recognition and enforcement of decisions and cooperation in matters relating to the subjects of the training.
This training will combine theoretical lectures with practical workshops based on specialised case-studies and will serve as a forum for the exchange of knowledge and best practices between judges from across the EU.
Judges and prosecutors from all EU Member States
All applications must be submitted through the candidates' national EJTN member institution.
Upon invitation by EJTN, participants register via EJTN online platform to which they receive access.
After the event, reimbursement is processed via EJTN online platform.
Terms and conditions of participation
Frequently Asked Questions
Deadline for application:
2 March 2020