To improve law enforcement and judiciary capacity in fight against corruption.
To exchange knowledge on effective anti-corruption measures
Target Group Law enforcement officials (financed by CEPOL) and prosecutors and judges (financed by EJTN) specialised in investigation of corruption, implementation of anti-corruption measures as well as in deployment of preventive instruments.
General Learning Outcomes - upon completion of the activity the participants will be able to:
- Discuss corruption investigations of various scale such as corruption in public procurement, abuse of official power etc.
- Share experience regarding integrity testing practices for the control of law enforcement officials’ ethical behaviour
- Cooperate efficiently with international stakeholders, understand the EU cooperation instruments on information/intelligence exchange
- Identify opportunities of cooperation with NGOs and share practice on the handling of whistle-blowers
- Define measures to prevent corruption by targeting the main facilitators and enablers of corruption, analyse the corruption facilitators and enablers, develop transparency standards and legislation in the fight against corruption
- Apply financial investigative techniques in corruption cases
- Deploy tools available for identification and seizure of assets obtained through corruption, including international mutual legal assistance or JITs
- Evaluate challenges for efficient anti-corruption strategies and policies
- Utilize effective risk assessment techniques
All applications must be submitted through the candidates' national EJTN member institution.
Upon invitation by EJTN, participants register via EJTN online platform to which they receive access.
After the event, reimbursement is processed via EJTN online platform.
Terms and conditions of participation
Frequently Asked Questions
Number of participants:
12 judges and prosecutors funded by the EJTN
Deadline for applications:
9 March 2020