The added value of the two day-long seminar consist of delivering in-depth insights on highly specialized topics pertaining to diversified aspects of family law (e.g. cross-border divorce and parental responsibility).
The seminar is designed to provide the basic training in this field of European Law.
The training will be carried out by leading academics and practitioners, expert speakers will be called to expand upon such aspects as jurisdiction, applicable law, EU instruments, recognition and enforcement of decisions and cooperation in matters relating to the subjects of the seminar.
In order to combine the theoretical approach with a more concrete one, workshop sessions will also be organized in order to provide a widened knowledge on EU legislation and case-law and facilitate the exchange of best practices.
Judges and prosecutors from all EU Member States
Terms and Conditions of Participation
Expense Claim Form
Private Car Travel Reimbursement Form
All applications must be submitted through the candidates' national EJTN member institution.
Number of places:
Deadline for applications:
1 April 2018
- Regulation 2201/2003 (consolidated version): http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:02003R2201-20050301&rid=1
- Hague Convention (1996) on child protection: https://assets.hcch.net/docs/f16ebd3d-f398-4891-bf47-110866e171d4.pdf
- Status table of the Hague Convention (1996): https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/status-table/?cid=70
- Hague Convention (1980) on international child abduction: https://assets.hcch.net/docs/e86d9f72-dc8d-46f3-b3bf-e102911c8532.pdf
- Status table of the Hague Convention (1980): https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/status-table/?cid=24
- CJEU C-523/07, A, ECLI:EU:C:2009:225
- CJEU C-497/10, Mercredi v Chaffe, ECLI:EU:C:2010:829
- CJEU C-376/14, C v M, ECLI:EU:C:2014:2268
- CJEU C‑111/17, OL v PQ, ECLI:EU:C:2017:436
- CJEU C-215/15, Gogova v Iliev
- CJEU C-409/09, Deticek v Sgueglia
- CJEU C-256/09, Purrucker I
- CJEU C-195/08, Rinau
- CJEU C-491/10 Aguirre Zaraga v Pelz
- CJEU C-221/10, Povse v Alpago
- ECtHR, Grand Chamber, X v Latvia 13 January 2015
- Practice Guide Brussels IIa: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/civil/files/brussels_ii_practice_guide_en.pdf