This activity involves two meetings, in which prominent Spanish experts and specialists from other EU countries will address the following themes:
• Protection of financial rights in the EU and the Member States
• Crime related problems and procedural and crime related problems in combating financial crime and money laundering, fraud and smuggling
• Substantive procedural and practical problems
• Operational problems in the investigation and international cooperation in the fight against these crimes
• Difficulties in enforcing judgments and locating and recovering assets resulting from criminal activity
• Problems in the real implementation of Community regulations in the matter (a more detailed programme for the workshops is attached hereto in annex)
• Exchanging and comparing experiences in these matters.
The format and the methodology employed in these events, each of which will be held over a three and a half day period, with the participation of members of the Spanish Judicial and Public Prosecution Service and members of these services from other European Union countries along with administrators from the Spanish tax authorities and those of Rumania, France and Germany who are involved in the direct application of these matters. The first of these meetings will take place during February and March 2012, and will take the form of a straightforward course.