The conference is targeted at criminal court judges and public prosecutors.
Forensic medicine, forensic science and criminalistics play an increasingly important role in everyday judicial and prosecution matters. Unfortunately, criminal charges and public prosecutors are only given rudimentary preparation for this in their studies and during training.
The conference aims to somewhat compensate for this and, in so doing, demonstrate the opportunities and limitations of forensic medicine and to present modern forensic science and special criminalistics methods.
The following themes will be covered in detail in presentations and subsequent discussions:
- New developments and trends in forensic medicine
- Forensic thanatology
- Forensic traumatology
- Forensic toxicology
- Forensic anthropology
- Forensic entomology, zoology and botanic
- Forensic aspects of DNA analysis
- Reconstructing the course of a crime using blood trace distribution patterns
- Assisting investigations through operational case analysis
- The part played by accompanying analyses in criminal proceedings.