This 2 day seminar is for judges sitting in the civil jurisdiction.
The aim of this seminar is to provide judges who sit in the civil jurisdiction with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in those areas of law, procedure and social context which they consider most important for their personal development.
The seminar consists of a suite of 11 modules to choose from, one of which taking a full day, the remainder taking half a day each. It allows you to create the programme that best meets your needs by choosing any three modules (alternatively two modules if the full-day module is selected).
The modules available are as follows:
• Capacity Issues for Civil Judges
• Contract and consumer
• Costs for the Civil judge
• Enforcement of judgments
• Equality Act 2010 (full day)
• Insolvency for the County Court Judge
• Law of contract and tort: an update
• Management of case preparation (compulsory)
• Management of trial preparation and presentation
• Trial of housing cases
The seminar is delivered using a variety of training methods including lectures, DVDs and skills practice, with a focus on working in small groups to allow you to exchange views and share experiences in an informal setting.